OK, so I was all set to quit slacking, and do my post-Christmas post. I checked my purse and I had the cord for my camera! Bonus - I was all set to get pictures (the few that I took) of my little ones checking out the goodies that Santa had brought. Wait, where's my camera??
So, instead, you will be getting this list - a sort of 2008 in review, if you will, which I stole from... somewhere - Dawn @ Because I Said So, I believe.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Went to my first Cub Scout meeting.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Actually, 2008 was the first year that I decided not to make New Year's Resolutions. I'm thinking I might make some for the year coming up, not sure what, yet...
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, although I did find out a (soon to be ex-) coworker is finally pregnant, after trying for 3 or 4 months, and driving us all crazy each time she "started". Good for her.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My uncle M was killed in a suspicious fire this year. I didn't talk about it much at the time, and it's still an open case, but we don't have much hope of ever finding out who would have done such a horrible thing to him.
5. What countries did you visit?
I actually didn't even leave the state this year, but they do say that Texas is "like a whole 'nuther country", so does that count?? I did drive all the way to the Waco area a few times.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
smaller thighs and @ss. I would like to have a better job, a new (to me) home, and to get a lot further towards my degree. Each time I pass a Computer class, I get a certification, which looks good on my resume. I might even be able to convince potential employers I know what I'm doing if I keep it up!
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
I don't think there are any specific dates. Mother's Day and my Birthday were pretty great.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I developed a cure for Cancer, and negotiated a peace treaty between Australia and New Zealand. It's a toss-up.
Or, it could have been keeping this little guy (and his siblings) alive long enough to release them to the wild.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not doing more in school. I can set my own progress with this program, and I only did the bare minimum requirements instead of going above and beyond. I'm really annoyed at myself for that.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Well, besides the PLAGUE that Budman and I are currently suffering from, I have been remarkable healthy. Although I do have this giant zit that just won't go away...
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Budman's boat. Oh, you meant for me??? I don't buy things for myself - I could, I just always think of other things to spend money on. For the kids, etc... And we do ALL get to use the boat.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
huh? I haven't killed anyone this year, so I'm gonna say ME!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one MADE me depressed this year.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
When fuel prices dropped below $2.00, and each subsequent drop after that. Yesterday, we filled up for $1.27 a gallon. I almost got out of the car and did a happy dance.
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2008?
Music is a huge part of me, but I didn't really listen to a lot of NEW music this year. I'm kind of stuck in a Classic rock/ 70s 80s & 90s rut lately.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier/sadder, thinner/heavier, richer/poorer? I get happier every day. I'm a little heavier, and neither richer nor poorer than last year.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
sewing, crafting, playing.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas with my family - surrounded by a mess, and relaxing all day long.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
I spend as little time as possible on the phone, so, other than work people, I would have to say my Mom.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I fall in love with Budman a little more everyday
23. How many one night stands in this last year?
Um, none. Or - lots of them, but all with the same person - My HUSBAND!
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Just one? I will never pass up an episode of The Unit, NCIS or CSI (any city). I loved Pushing Daisies and Life most of all.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't waste energy hating people. It's too much work, and it poisons your heart.
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
I read a LOT of books. Most recently, The Book of Bright Ideas, by Sandra Kring, was one of my favorites.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I got the Beatles back together for a World Tour.
28. What did you want and get?
My guys - all I'll ever need.
29. What did you want and not get?
THE purse - you know - the perfect handbag. Still searching for it.
30. What were your favorite films of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I told all about my birthday here and I turned 34.
32. What's one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the lottery
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
34. What kept you sane?
Coincidentally, this is also what kept me Insane as well.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Can't think of a one.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Rising Fuel costs & drilling for oil, rising unemployment, the tanking economy
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
My bloggy friends get this honor...
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
It wasn't learned in 2008, but it's the one that I keep with me always: "You can't find happiness on a road map, you have to take it with you." A long overdue, hard-learned lesson, but then we kids never thought our parents knew anything when we were young and had all the answers.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round.
OK, if you've stuck with me this far, then you deserve a reward. I have been using Christmas song lyrics for my post titles this month (most of it). I'm sure you've noticed this, plus I announced it at the beginning. So, I'm gonna have a little giveaway.
Go back through my December posts (starting here - see, I'm so nice, helping you out like that...) and send me a list of all the Christmas song titles (There are 6) that I've used. Email it to me at MrsMStewart (AT) gmail (DOT) com. DO NOT post the answers in the comments, if you do, I will delete it. Email it to me. I will take all correct entries and randomly draw a someone to receive a little something special from me. Let's say that I'll keep this open until New Year's Eve at midnight (which is technically New Year's Day at that point, I know). So, you have the rest of the year to enter my little contest. I hope you will - Even if you don't normally enter contests and such, do it anyway, it will be fun!!!