Join Swagbucks!!!

Thursday, January 24, 2008

I can't believe the nerve of some people!

This morning, I read a post over at A Cowboy's Wife. She wrote about Karen who is a deaf woman, and whose blog I've never read before today. Karen had a "little" problem at the Drive-thru window at Steak & Shake. Apparently, they refused to take her order at the window, instisting instead that she use the speaker, even though she explained that, being deaf, she was unable to use the speaker. You can read the full story here, but prepare to be outraged.

I am continually dismayed at the lack of customer service I see these days. Whatever happened to "The customer is always right?" I have had many jobs, and I have always put the customer first. Why is that no longer a common concept?

I'm all in a tizzy now.

I hardly ever visit Steak & Shake, the main reasons being:
1.) The restaurants here in TX don't have drive-thru's
2.) Budman had one less than stellar dining experience, and can that man hold a grudge! :-) He won't give them ANY more business.

However, had I been so inclined as to darken their door, rest assured, that urge has now passed. They owe Karen a HUGE apology.

Mel

2 comments:

Karen Putz said...

Thanks for your support!

Anonymous said...

I blogged about it too in my weekly gratitude post. My gratitude went to Karen Putz for having the courage to stand up and be counted in the face of withering criticism and pressure. Her story both inspired and pressed some deeply hidden buttons that I didn’t know existed!

Thanks for helping a fellow blogger spread the news - she’s my buddy too!