I decided to give the Thurday Thirteen a try - I've read a few, and I always find them interesting. Not sure I can promise the same about mine, but I'm gonna give it a shot. I couldn't think of a "topic" so I'll just go with random - Since I'm fairly new to the bloggin world, and no one really knows me.
THIRTEEN things about me.
1. I've been working on a '100 things' post for a few weeks. So far it looks like this:
2. I have been unable to pass my math class for school, because I cannot grasp the concepts of Statistics. I have two books and several online instruction programs. It just doesn't make sense to me.
3. I had completely given up on finding "The one", the person i would spend the rest of my life with until I met Budman, and even then, he had to chase me a little while. Not that I didn't like him, but I had decided that I was done looking, and it would just be me and my kids from now on.
4. I'm glad I changed my mind. I don't know how I lived without him for all those years before we met.
5. I truly beleive that "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." If I hear political ads where a candidate is talking trash about his opponent, I tend to mentally mark that candidate off my list.
6. If something funny/interesting happened to me, and I wanted to tell someone about it, first I will tell and retell the story in my head, almost practising it before I get to that person to tell them about it.
7. If I'm in my car, I will do this out loud.
8. I was saving this for my 100 things, but I have ELABORATE lottery fantasies. ELABORATE (did I say that?) I have everything planned out to the smallest detail. What I will do, what I will buy, who I will call, who I will hire, etc... It's constantly being changed, revised, updated.
9. I am convinced that #8 makes me crazy. Come to think of it, #'s 6 and 7 don't exactly make me look sane...
10. I am almost incapable of cooking something without a recipe. Budman can walk into the kitchen and create, but I must have a recipe and follow the instructions. I will rarely deviate from the recipe, and if I don't have an ingredient that is on the list, I will most likely abandon the attempt and find something else to make.
11. Speaking of Budman, he can taste food, and tell me what's in it. If I put too much baking powder in my cake, for example (This has actually happened). I think he's a freak - Who can actually TASTE baking powder?
12. I do not have any IRL friends outside of my family. I am friendly with my co-workers, but I do not have a single friend that I call on the phone or go do things with who is not related to me.
13. I'm OK with that.