Join Swagbucks!!!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Weekend Update - and more

This weekend was wonderful. The weather was beautiful. Saturday, we stayed home (Budman let me sleep in!) We watched cartoons with the kids until noon. I spent a good bit of time on the computer doing my school work. At 4:00, Nana & Papo B showed up to take the boys to spend the night at their house (ALL THREE BOYS!!!!!). So Budman and I were free of the children and what did we do? Worked on our computers and watched a movie: In the Valley of Elah. This could have been a really good movie. It could have been, but it wasn’t.

Sunday, Budman let me sleep in AGAIN! We went to my mother’s house to pick up the boys, and we all went out to lunch at
Babe’s, which is some of the Best Fried Chicken in the South (See, I didn’t make that up!). Back to Mom’s house, where Mom and I looked through old photos (I keep thinking I need to get them scanned so that I can share them with you – Some of them are pretty funny!). I can’t tell you how many times that day I said “What was I thinking?” The guys all headed upstairs to check out my step-dad’s new media room and surround sound. Budman and Mater were napping in no time flat, so Monkey came and looked at pictures with us, and then conned talked Papo B into playing outside. Possum stayed upstairs and watched the movie – and probably enjoyed the moments spent without a little brother crawling on him. We ended up getting home a little late, but it was worth it. So that was our weekend.

Monday marked the first official day of Budman’s promotion, and his our new hours. We have to get up about an hour and a half earlier in the morning, but when I pulled into the driveway at 5:30 last night, instead of 7:30 or 8:00, I KNEW the earlier hours were WELL worth it. It was still light outside, the kids were playing in the backyard, and began screaming and crowding around the car waiting for us to get out. I think they were just shocked to see us in the daylight hours. The temperature was up into the 80s yesterday, so we had both the time AND the weather to play outside. There was basketball and bike riding and general running around like crazy. We all got to sit down to dinner at a decent hour, and we all ate together!

Yeah, this new work schedule is gonna work out just fine.

No comments: