Join Swagbucks!!!

Thursday, August 21, 2008

The craziness that is my life.

Ok - so enough of the changes crap - back to the mundane details of my day-to-day life.

This morning, I drove Budman's truck to work, because I need to leave early today to take the little ones to meet their teachers, while Budman is taking Possum to DeMolay (I really wish they hadn't scheduled Meet the Teacher for a Thursday, but they didn't consult me in the planning stages...).

We have limited parking at our house, so the truck is parked in the ditch out by the street. We have had rain almost non-stop since Sunday. (Can you see where this is going yet??) That's right, I couldn't get the truck out of the ditch (but at least there was no rushing water this time...) It wasn't stuck, it just didn't want to climb the little hill to get up to the street.

I had to go back into the house, fuss at Possum for not being ready to go (He knows that his Dad will jump his @ss when he comes down and finds him sitting there watching TV, but he still does it - TEENAGERS!!!) and get Budman to move the truck for me. THANKFULLY, he was able to coax his lady out of the ditch and up onto the road, so that I could get to work only 15 minutes late today.

This is actually an improvement over the past 7-10 days...

=====================================

Also this morning, I took a pair of Knee-highs out of my drawer, tried to put them on, and discovered a hole in the heel. So, I threw them away, and grabbed another pair, put them on and discovered a hole in the heel. ugh!

Now, I suppose I could have taken the one good knee high from each pair to make a complete set, but they weren't the same shade, and I'm weird like that. Back to my drawer I went, where I find a navy trouser sock, a black trouser sock and a maroon trouser sock. *Sigh*

So, I stole borrowed a pair of socks from Budman.

=====================================

At work, my boss hired a new temp to replace the replace the one that left. She started work yesterday around 10:00am. This morning, around 9:00am, my boss started asking if we had seen her.

My co-worker and I checked the file room.

No new girl.

We checked the break room.

No new girl.

We checked the bathroom.

No new girl.

This was about two hours after we first noticed that she hadn't been at her desk in quite some time.

A quick check of her desk told us that wherever she went, she took her purse with her. This is how I know it wasn't aliens. Aliens never let you take time to grab your purse.

I am completely befuddled by this, because I would NEVER dream of walking off a job, even if it sucked. I would just wait out the day, say 'this isn't working out for me', and then not come back. I certainly wouldn't leave without a word to anyone.

And if she wasn't walking out, if there was some true emergency, then she would have said something - to SOMEONE, right?

I don't know why I am continually amazed by people. I should be used to it by now...

=====================================

Oh - and I'm in the process of creating a blogroll, it's over there.
<====

I used the blogger gadget, but I don't really like it, because I can't change the font color, and it's really hard to read. Anyway, I'll get to work on that as soon as I learn a little more HTML, or whatever.

My point is (Oh yes, I actually had one this time) that if you are not on the blogroll, and you want to be, leave a comment, or email me to let me know.

If you are on the blogroll, and you don't want to be shame on you leave a comment, or email me to let me know.
Have a great day.


3 comments:

Z said...

WOW, that is quite a day... Um, hope tomorrow is better???

for a different kind of girl said...

Just disappeared?! What the heck!? I've wanted to slink out of places before, but I'd never dream of doing it in a work situation! Bizarre! Not as bizarre if she were to show up Friday without a word about it, but eh, bizarre nonetheless!

Unknown said...

that is just crazy! people never cease to amaze me at times!

I wanted to say i LOVE the title of your Blog!