Join Swagbucks!!!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Wekend Update: Random, random, everywhere...

Hello, remember me?? I know I'm a huge slacker. I still can't seem to turn all those "Drafts" into "Posts". I'm working on it.

Coming up later this week, the Cub Scout post I have been promising. I've decided to wait until after his Bobcat ceremony (is that what it's called?) to finish that one up.

Also, I have a circus recap. I took LOTS of photos (& video), and I would have had that one finished already, but life keeps getting in the way of my blogging (RUDE!) Plus, there's that whole camera slacker thing I've got going on...

So, instead I will share a bit O' the random...

Yesterday's Left-handed compliment of the day: "You're VERY intelligent in your own way." I won't share with you the response that came to mind...

I never did make it into work on Saturday. I fully intended to, but Budman had to go to his parents' house to work on their cars, and with Mater having run a fever the day before, we did not want to bring him around Budman's Dad,
Pop, for fear that he would get very sick. So, the kids and I stayed home, I did laundry and cleaned house, and felt very productive instead.

Saturday was the Circus, thanks to Possum, who said "I don't have to be there until 7:20, I thought we would leave around 7:00", (Gee, thanks for making our plans for us, we MIGHT have had something else in mind, though - So sorry we didn't consult you first!!) we were very nearly late. My parents DID meet us there, and as I'm getting out of the car, I get my SECOND phone call from my mother (She's not so good with the concept of 'go with the flow'), who says "The man here says the show starts at 7:00. That's in five minutes!" So, we hurried over to meet them at the door, rushed in and found our seats. Possum, turns out, was NOT supposed to be there at 7:20, since the silly thing STARTED at 7:00 and he couldn't find the other boys in the group, because they were already out in the CENTER RING!!! Grr, the boy makes us crazy sometimes! Oh well, he made it to where he was supposed to be, and we had a lovely time. I have lots of pictures, and will share soon.

Sunday, the little boys went to Church with Grandma, and the big one went to the shooting range with Grandpa, SO Budman and I snuck off together!! We went and had breakfast at Whataburger, then swung by the auto parts store to buy a radiator for his mother's car. (Boy, does he know how to show a girl a good time!!) Sigh... Where was I? Ah, we headed to the In-laws, and replaced the radiator - OK, so Budman replaced it, but I totally helped him, AND if I had a Chevy S-10 whatever, I could SO change out the radiator on it. I could SO!! Budman said next time he was letting me doing it all. SO there!

Surprisingly, the radiator only took about an hour and a half, and we headed back home, where I prepared a little Seven Layer dip to snack on while Budman and Possum watched the Football game, which was a tremendous disappointment, and I
Plurked.

The kids had Monday off school, so they were tasked with getting the Halloween decorations up outside. They also got to carve Jack-o-Lanterns!! The decorations aren't quite finished yet, but don't worry
BurghBaby, I will share the pictures, as promised.

I guess that's it for now. I really have lots more ideas, but somehow, I'm lacking the words to back it all up!

Oh, and remember, my blogaversary is coming up, and I will be having a giveaway!! Stay tuned for more details!!! (Dang, I'm not sure how to spell that!!!)

===================================
Please don't forget that I'm
On the MOVE for a cure to Alzheimer's. (Read yesterday's post for more details.) I'm donating all revenue from October to the Alzheimer's Association. Please stay and click a while!!! And if you wish to donate to a terrific cause, I would be honored if you would support me in my Walk on October 18th!!



8 comments:

Connie said...

Busy! I used to 'help' with car repairs! My current husband doesn't even know how to open the hood so I don't have to do that anymore. LOL!

Thanks again for telling me about Pioneer Woman's Queso Dip! I can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

My life feels like a circus sometimes. Can't wait for pictures.

Melody said...

I swear I have Possum's twin at my house! I hate it when they don't get the details right!

Thanks so much for dropping by today and sharing that tomato soup recipe. It sounds wonderful!

If you think of more soup recipes, you know where to find me! :)

Thanks again!

for a different kind of girl said...

I took the boys to buy pumpkins for carving this weekend. I suppose that's a job we need to tackle soon, as trick or treat night will be here before I know it! I guess that means tomorrow, on my day off, I need to pull the decorations and costumes out to see if I'll be prepared come that day.

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

Your win is in the mail. And, I'm VERY random lately. It's sad how much crap comes our way when the kids get back to school, eh?

Manic Mommy said...

Life really is getting in the way of blogging! I just posted a repeat. Won't the jack-o-lanterns rot well before Halloween?

Cynthia said...

Can't wait for pictures!

Damama T said...

Looks like you are radiating with pride! LOLOLOL!! Ok, so I tickled myself. ;o) tee hee hee...

Plurking?? WTH(eck) is Plurk?? LOL! I popped over to yours from the invite you sent me but haven't really had time to do much more investigation.

And I TOOOOTALLY know what you mean about all the stuff in your head that you can't get out your fingers. AACK! LOL! But you are way more successful at at least putting up SOMETHING than I've been lately. LOL! TTFN