Join Swagbucks!!!

Friday, March 14, 2008

Blogher Survey and other business

Blogher has a survey - If you would like to participate, click this picture.

In other news, I am taking the day off from Fight the Frump. I tool yesterday off work so that I could have lunch at school with Monkey, and meet with Mater's teacher about his speech referral, and after running all day yesterday, and not being able to sleep last night, I am more tires than if I had worked all day! Besides, I didn't even touch a computer after I posted my TT yesterday morning, so I haven't got anythign prepared...

I'll get with the program next week.

Monkey's birthday went well, as mentioned I took McDonald's to his school and had lunch with him. After school, we played outside with his new basketball - I actually wrapped it. Monkey said "That's a ball" (DUH!!). I told him he should shake it, make a few wrong guesses before he just burst my bubble like that - LOL! I'm all, "no, Monkey, you're supposed to guess! 'Is it lettuce???, Cantelope?' Act surprised!"

Ah - funny story, Grammy was playing with the boys in the front yard while I was unloading his presents from the car, and he asked her "What did my parents get for me?" She said "Oh nothing much - I think it's just clothes." Monkey said "Aww, man! This day is just not turning out like I had planned!" Too funny.

Monkey got to pick our dinner, so we had hamburgers, he opened presents and then we all watched Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. Just after 9:00 (we let them all stay up to watch the movie) I said "Ok, boys clean it up, get ready for bed. Even birthday boys have to get their rest. OH CRAP!!!" Budman asked what was wrong, and I just stared at him. WE HAD FORGOTTEN TO HAVE THE CAKE!!!! So Budman said "Boys, get to the kitchen!" We cut the cake, took some more picures and sang Happy Birthday. Boy, those kids were hopped up on sugar when I sent them to bed!

LOL! I'm the worst mother ever!

All in all a good day. Monkey is having a friend spend the night tonight, and then we'll go to Incredible Pizza Co. tomorrow. There's a family get together at our house Sunday, since we couldn't get everyone together last night. Uncle K & Aunt J are coming, and they're bringing my favorite nephew with them!!!

1 comment:

for a different kind of girl said...

Anytime is a good time for birthday cake, even before bed! Ha!

Enjoy your weekend! Hope you get some rest after it all!